by: j joyce
Parents & Players,
Our 2018 Spring Baseball & Softball Registration is now OPEN! Please click our REGISTER NOW link on our home page to register.
For Softball, registration age groups remain unchanged. Player ages are as of 12/31/17 for 6U, 8U, 10U, & 12U. In addition, players that register & pay for Spring can also register for our FREE Winter Workouts which start on 1/7/18 at Windham High School (see registration description for full details).
For Baseball, due to the changes of our charter to Cal Ripken, registrations have been setup based upon player ages as of 4/30/18. Registrations are as follows; T-Ball (5-6 YOs), Rookie Instructional (7 YOs), Rookie A (8 YOs), Rookie Minors (9 YOs), Majors/60 (10 YOs), Majors 60 or 70 (11 YOs), Majors/70 (12 YOs), & Babe Ruth (13-15 YOs). We are also adding Kick Ball for players ages 4 & 5 as an introductory program. Please check the details in each program description.
Last, registrations for the Windham Hitting Academy for players ages 6-14 have been setup on the website as well. This program is run by Jim Bail and is in it's 17th year of providing hitting & fielding instruction to our youth baseball players in the off season.
Check out our program offerings and signup today!
by: David Macary
Windham Baseball Families,
As many of you may already be aware, many youth baseball organizations (including Cal Ripken) have mandated the use of new baseball bat standards based on USA Bat effective January 1, 2018. According to justbats.com this new standard is designed to “create wood-like performance in youth bats while allowing younger players to use light-weight bats that could be achieved with wood bats.”
Since this could affect the purchasing decision for many parents in the upcoming year, as well as those who may have already purchased a legacy bat, we wanted to provide the following guidance on what this new standard will mean for Windham Baseball in the new year and going forward.
• There are no longer restrictions on the size, weight and drop of bats. USA Baseball, for example, will allow the use of 2 5/8” big barrel bats. Please note that by drop we are referring to the overall weight of the bat. For example, a bat that is 30 inches long and has a drop weight of -10 will weigh 20 ounces.
• All new bats must carry the USA Baseball logo (see below) to be considered certified bats
• Many sporting goods stores are still carrying legacy bats. If you have purchased one of these recently please consider returning it for a refund or exchange for a new USA Bat compliant one
• Parents wishing to purchase new bats for their players should look to have them properly measured for length and weight. Many sporting good stores will be able to assist with this and some, such as Monkey Sports in Derry, NH, will even allow you to try out new bats without the need to purchase.
• Cal Ripken has provided a listing of all approved bats for the upcoming season which can be accessed by clicking here. https://usabat.com/
As always please let us know if you have any questions.
by: David Macary
WBSL has opened it's Spring Season registrations for 8U/10U/12U Softball AND the FREE Winter Workouts to be held at Windham High School in Jan/Feb/Mar of 2018
In order to register for the Winter Workout sessions, parents/players must register & pay for the Spring Recreation season and then register for the Winter Workouts.
The Winter workout sessions will take place at the Windham High School Gym on the following dates/times.
Softball Winter Workout Schedule (Saturdays)
Please go and signup for BOTH today!
by: David Macary
To make sure that you receive all emails from the WBSL, please add the email address Notification@LeagueAthletics.com to your address book and SPAM filter "white list". With some providers (such as Earthlink) you may need to add the address on their server to make sure your email gets through.
The WBSL recommends that all its members practice good Internet security. You should install anti-virus software, a firewall, and anti-spyware software. There are several commercially available packages that will do all this for you. Or, if you a little more adventurous, there are some good free alternatives for Windows users:
AVG Anti-virus by Grisoft
ZoneAlarm firewall from ZoneLabs
Spybot S&D from Safer Networking
by: Brad Chase
Sponsorship banners are available for purchase. These banners are placed on the outfield fences at Griffin Park. View our Banner Policy.